Six against six
A saint once mentioned, " When people become involved in six things,
then you should turn your attention to another six things.
1. When people become involved in many sinful deeds, then you
should make an effort to perfect your own actions.
2. When people run after virtues (rewards of deeds), then you
should turn your attention to fulfilling your faraaidh (compulsory
duties and actions).
3. When people become involved in external reformation, then you
should make an effort at internal reformation.
4. When people become engrossed in working for this world, then you
should decorate your Aakhirah (Hereafter).
5. When people seek out the faults of others, then you should
search for your own faults.
6. When people start seeking happiness and pleasure of the people,
then you should make a concerted effort to seek the Pleasure of the
Taken from Inspirations Volume 4
Courtesy: AL-ISLAAH PUBLICATIONS