Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Jealousy...

Sahih Muslim Hadith 6759 Narrated by Aisha

Aisha said: ‘One day Allah`s Messenger (saws) went out of her (Aisha`s apartment) during the night and she felt jealous. Then he (saws) came and he saw me (in what agitated state of mind) I was. He (saws) said: ‘Aisha, what has happened to you? Do you feel jealous?’ Thereupon she said: ‘How can it be (that a woman like me) should not feel jealous in regard to a husband like you?’ Thereupon Allah`s Messenger (saws) said: ‘It was your Shaytaan who had come to you’, and she said: ‘ O Allah`s Messenger (saws), is there along with me a Shaytaan?’ He (saws) said: ‘Yes!’ I said: ‘Is the Shaytaan attached to everyone?’ He (saws) said: ‘Yes’. I (Aisha) again said: ‘O Allah`s Messenger (saws), is it with you also?’ He (saws) said: ‘Yes, but my Lord has helped me against him as such that I am absolutely safe from his mischief.’

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 8.90 Narrated by Abu Huraira

The Prophet (saws) said, "Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look for the others` faults and do not spy, and do not be jealous of one another, and do not desert (cut your relation with) one another, and do not hate one another; and O Allah`s worshipers! Be brothers (as Allah has ordered you!")

Sunan of Abu-Dawood Hadith 4885 Narrated by Abu Hurayrah

The Prophet (saws) said: ‘Avoid jealousy, for jealousy devours good deeds just as fire devours fire-wood."

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 5039 Narrated by Az-Zubayr

Allah`s Messenger (saws) said, "The disease of the people before you, namely, jealousy and hatred, has crept to you, and it is the unhappy thing. I do not say that it shaves off the hair, but it shaves off the religion."

No comments: